Servings: 12 pieces
Author: Rose Kumar M.D.
- ½ c Medjool dates (about 26 pitted)
- 6 T Cacao powder
- ¼ c Cacao butter or almond butter
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1½ T maca powder
- ¼ t vanilla extract
- 2 T agave or coconut sugar optional
- 2 T cacao nibs optional
- In a food processor with a blade, blend all the ingredients except the last two. You may have stopped the machine to scrape the sides to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. You may add a few drops of water if the mix is not formed into a smooth ball.
- Place the ball in the refrigerator for 30 minutes until it cools and partially solidifies.
- Meanwhile, blend the cacao nibs with the coconut sugar till all coarse powder is formed and set aside in a plate or shallow bowl
These truffles are best served at room temperature and if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, they will keep for 4 weeks.
You may add 3/4 tsp mint extract to the ingredients if you would like to make cacao-mint truffles.