No-Knead Spelt Bread
- 6¾ c organic spelled flour
- 2 ½ c warm water
- 3 t salt
- ½ t vinegar
- ¾ t instant yeast
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine with your hands. Knead the dough only till it incorporates but does not over-knead. Cover with a towel and let sit in a warm place for 6 to 8 hours (I set it on a southern facing window sill).
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Once preheated, place a pot with a lid in the oven
- Sprinkle some Spelt flour on the counter to prevent the dough from sticking. Flatten the dough a bit on the surface and fold it over itself 3 times, flattening it each time after folding.
- Carefully take the preheated pot out of the oven and place it on your stovetop. It will be really hot! Drop the dough in one motion, seam side up. Don’t worry if it is not centered or if it is not perfectly placed.
- Place the cover back on and put back in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes; then uncover the pot and let bake for another 10 min till browned.
- Take out of the oven, carefully take out of the pot; place on rack let & cool completely before slicing.
- This bread has a lovely crust and you will be amazed as to how much it looks like a professional loaf.