The Best Vegan/Gluten Free Organic* Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves
*Use organic ingredients!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Author Rose Kumar M.D.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup jaggery sugar(available at an Indian grocery store and you
- may substitute brown sugar.)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 11/2 c oat flour (grind 1 and a 1/2 cups of rolled oats in a food processor till flour forms)
- 3/4 cup almond or coconut flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp mesquite or maca powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup raisins or currants
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients and mix till incorporated.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix gently.
- Grease 2 bread pans. Add 1/2 the batter in each pan and place in the oven.
- When a knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean, in approximately 45 min the bread is done.