Use this as a tasty side dish or add some to your salad. You can drink a 1/2 cup daily as a refreshing fermented, probiotic drink.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 T black mustard seeds
- 4-5 carrots, julienned or cut into strips
- 1 large beet, julienned or cut into strips
- 8 c filtered or distilled water
- 1 T fine iodized salt
- 1 T black salt, available at any Indian Grocer
- 1-gallon size glass jar with lid
- 1 cheesecloth
- 1 rubberband
- Crush the mustard seeds with a mortar/pestle or use a coffee grinder
- Chop carrots and beets as directed
3. Combine all the ingredients in the jar. Place the cheesecloth on the top of the jar and secure it with the rubber band.
4. Place jar in a sunny spot for 1 week. Stir daily with a wooden spoon. After the week has passed place a lid on the jar and store it in the refrigerator.