Servings 6 cups total
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 1 cup millet
- ¼ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 cup + 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp iodized salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup almonds
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 320 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine all but the last two ingredients. Mix well using your hands to get all the ingredients incorporated. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture ½ inch thick and place it in the oven for 30 minutes. Turn the granola over with a large spoon and bake for another 30 min or till slightly browned and fragrant.
- While granola is baking, combine 1 tablespoon of maple syrup with the nuts. Bake on a separate cookie sheet for 5 to 7 min. Check to make sure the nuts don’t burn. After baking, chop them to your preferred size.
- Once the granola is baked, allow it to cool for 30 min and combine nuts and raisins or dried cranberries.
- You may also add sunflower seeds to the finished product.