- 1 block of extra firm organic tofu or 1 package of organic tempeh
- 4 cups of spinach leave a tub of pre-washed spinach works
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into diagonal slices
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 bunches of baby bok choy
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 TBSP of fish sauce for a vegan version use soy sauce
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2-3 tsp of olive oil
- 1 TBSP of red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- If using Tempeh slice it into 1/2 inch slices and fry with a bit of oil to brown on all sides and then use as you would the tofu
- Wrap tofu in a kitchen towel and place a heavy pan on it for at least 30 min to squeeze out the water. You can also purchase pre-pressed tofu which doesn’t require this step.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch chunks. Heat 1 tsp of olive oil spread on a flat frying pan and place tofu chunks on it. Fry the tofu till it is slightly brown on both sides and set aside.
- You can also make it with this recipe: How to Make Tofu Taste Good
- Take 2 tsp of olive oil and place in a deep dish pot. Heat on medium heat and add the curry paste and turmeric powder and stir for 10 seconds. Make sure it doesn’t burn. Add coconut milk and cubed sweet potato. Place the lid on the pot and let soften. Once incorporated and slightly cooked, turn the burner off and add fried tofu and mix gently so as to incorporate the tofu without breaking it. Add spinach leaves and stir. These will wilt in the hot curry. Add the cilantro leaves and sprinkle lime juice on top and serve with rice or noodles.
- Once sweet potatoes have softened, Add the fish sauce (or soy sauce) and coconut sugar and mix gently. Add the remaining vegetables except for the spinach leaves.
- Once incorporated and slightly cooked, turn the burner off and add fried tofu and mix gently so as to incorporate the tofu without breaking it. Add spinach leaves and stir. These will wilt in the hot curry.
- Add the cilantro leaves and sprinkle lime juice on top and serve with rice or noodles.
If using Tempeh, take the slab of Tempeh out of the package and slice 1/2 inch slices and fry on the frying pan with heated oil till both cut sides are browned. Use as you would the tofu.