Dr. Kumar’s Green Smoothie
Servings 2 servings
Author Rose Kumar M.D.
- 2 cups frozen power greens**
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- ½ granny smith apple chopped
- 2 to 3 cubed and frozen 1-inch pineapple or mango chunks ***
- 1/3 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 3 to 4 mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1-2 seeded mejool dates
- 1 and ½ cup water
- 6 cubes of ice
- 1 tsp of amla powder and 1/2 tsp of moringa powder (optional for antioxidant support)
- Place all ingredients in a blender on high for 3 to 4 minutes or till ice is blended
*Use only organic ingredients
** I buy a bag full of prewashed power greens and place it in the freezer for smoothies.
***Cut a fresh pineapple into chunks, and freeze them for smoothies, or buy pre-cut frozen organic pineapple or mango chunks and use them instead.
****Slice peeled overripe bananas and place slices flat on parchment paper on a cookie sheet in the freezer for 2 hours or overnight. Once frozen, place in a plastic bag and freeze for future use.